Donate Toys & Clothes
How to Donate Items
Bring your donation to our Workshop at 3380 Vincent Road, Suite 101, Pleasant Hill, CA, 94523 (far north end of the complex where there is a raised loading dock and a bell for service) during Workshop hours:
Monday: 1:00—5:00 pm & 7:00—9:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00—5:00 pm
Wednesday: 1:00—5:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00—5:00 pm
Friday: 1:00—5:00 pm
Sat.: 9:00 am—12:00 pm & 3:00—5:00 pm
For larger donations we will arrange a pick up and ask that the donor:
1. Place the items in a container for transport (bag, box, etc.).
2. Call the Hotline 925-322-0604 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing:
- What kind of item (we welcome new and like new items –
please see the list below of what we accept)
- Physical size of donation (bag, box, pallet, etc.) WE CAN ONLY ARRANGE PICK UP FOR LARGER QUANTITIES (4 OR MORE LARGE BOXES OR OVER 80 LBS) OF NEW OR LIKE NEW ITEMS
- When and where it can be picked up (please include any
details about the pickup location e.g., loading dock, etc.)
- Who the contact person is, if one is needed, and how to best contact.
3. Our dispatcher checks messages Monday through Friday 9am and 5pm.
What to Donate?
Children’s books, toys, and games in good condition – please rubber-band game boxes with lids
Adult and children’s shoes – please rubber-band shoes together
New and like new Adult and children’s clothing
We can’t accept: furniture, cribs, crib bumpers, car seats, or any items with stains and tears. WPE’s standard for everything we provide is: “Is it of a quality we would have in our own home or give to our children?” We don’t want to do anything that treats those in need as less than ourselves.