What Food We Accept
We accept food donations of all kinds including produce, meat products, dairy, eggs, frozen items, shelf goods and prepared foods such as deli items and sandwiches. Food donations may be made one time or on a regular schedule weekly or daily.
Our Food Rescue dispatchers check messages from 9am-9pm, 7 days a week, except Friday evenings. Feel free to leave a message on our Hotline anytime with questions about dropping off your donation or scheduling a pick up for larger quantities (60 lbs or more) or recurring donations.
How to Donate Food
1. Call the Hotline 925-322-0604 and leave a message for Food Rescue or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. In your message, please detail:
- What kind of food (prepared, produce or other perishables, dry goods, etc.)
- Physical size of donation (approximate weight and/or volume, number of bags, boxes, cases, pallets, etc.)
- If you are planning to bring it to us at our distribution center or if you need us to pick your donation up, please tell us where the food is and who WPE should contact regarding the donation. Name, email and phone number is appreciated. PLEASE NOTE WE ONLY SCHEDULE A PICK UP FOR LARGER QUANTITIES OF FOOD (OVER 50 LBS)
3. Our goal is to get your donation as quickly as possible to the people in need, so our dispatchers match your donation to the appropriate recipients the same day!